-
May 23rd, 2001, 05:45 AM
#1
Senior Hostboard Member
It would have to be George Lucas.
When will his films-on-demand vision become reality?
Does he *really* think he did a good job with Phantom Menace?
How did Mel Smith get the gig directing Radioland Murders?
Has he found anyone to inherit Skywalker Ranch yet?
Does he still have that Ferrari?
Would he like to see my short films?
Would he care to look at my feature concepts?
Could I be so bold as to ask if he would invest in my low-budget film?
-
May 23rd, 2001, 07:38 AM
#2
Inactive Member
It would have to be Steven "beard" Speilberg.
I would ask him many a question, but I think the most important one would be:
Mark: "Is your beard *really* the centre of the univserse?"
Steven: "...........yes"
Mods
-
May 23rd, 2001, 12:00 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I would have lunch with John Wilkins of Penarth. He's my hero.
-
May 23rd, 2001, 03:54 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Okay mates, if you had the opportunity to have a nice long patio lunch on a bright sunny day with ANY filmmaker (dead or alive)...which director would you choose to chat with over some chow?
Me...I would have to say George A. Romero, my idol since I was 16. Have you seen Romero's DAWN OF THE DEAD (1979) or MARTIN (1976)? If not, please do. They rank #1 & #2 on my all-time fave movie list, respectively. Truly an unsung master of terror, suspense & satire.
-
May 23rd, 2001, 09:38 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Good question.
Probably Allison Anders who directed my favourite film of all time 'Gas, food' lodging'. I like her low key approach to film making. Or John Sayles, if she was busy.....
If I was being sarcastic I'd say Michael Bay so I could stick a knife to him for his crimes against intelligence. Or Mel Gibson for the pretty much the same reason, and his tendancy to ignore historical fact, which REALLY pisses me off. Is the truth not interesting?
Or Robert Redford for thinking that boring films equal deep profound films.
Man I can't make up my mind.
-
May 24th, 2001, 08:08 PM
#6
Inactive Member
I had lunch (well, cup of tea and a sandwich) with Tim Burton a couple of years ago. What a polite, down to earth and intelligent guy he is. No showbiz crap. Just a real artist.
I'd love to sit down with Ridley Scott though. See what really makes him tick!
-
May 25th, 2001, 03:48 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Either Rob Bottin, because he probably wouldn't think I'm a saddo nutter,
or
Alfred Hitchcock. Of course, if he was dead at the time, I could have great fun doing a spoof of the trouble with harry.
(How about a tribute film - The Trouble With Hitchcock? No, forget it, I'm rambling. Sorry, Rob, what were you saying about Total Recall?)
cheers
Paul
-
May 25th, 2001, 06:09 PM
#8
Inactive Member
I'd want lunch with Oliver Stone. I'd discuss his controversial movie topics and what have you.
-
May 25th, 2001, 06:26 PM
#9
Inactive Member
Lunch with Ed Wood would properly be amusing
-
May 25th, 2001, 08:20 PM
#10
Inactive Member
...don't care is there food involved... LOL
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks